Frequently Asked QuestionsCALL A EXPERT 01908 464 656
1.1 Why are your prices cheaper than the rest of the market?
A great question and a frequently asked one. Basically, supplying our valued customers with the best quality products at the best price is at the forefront of what we do. We achieve this by our products being directly imported from our overseas quarry and factories. Without the middle man we can keep our prices down and at the same time ensure we deliver high quality products.
Our team is also made up of experienced and passionate individuals who know the stone paving industry inside out. Their extensive knowledge means they leave no stone unturned, (excuse the pun), when it comes to getting you the best possible deal.
As paving stones supply chain expert team, our every efficient employee have multiple roles ranging from general manager to receptionist and workers, so our ultra-low operating costs can make our value best for all consumers.
1.2 Why should I choose your products and services?
- We deliver high quality products at competitive prices.
- We have a wealth of experience in the stone paving industry. One of our shareholder is engaged in stone quarry and manufacture since 1993, another shareholder is engaged in the UK stone marketing since 2004.
- We’re committed to ensuring you’re satisfied with our service from the moment you click onto our website, to when your order is delivered to your home.
- We genuinely care about your feedback and experience with us.
- Most logical online shop for paving stones and porcelain paving slabs.
1.3 How much area does a sandstone patio pack cover?
600 series 4 sizes patio packs referable laying pattern covers 18.90m2.
560 series 5 sizes patio packs referable laying pattern covers 15.76m2.
560 series 3 sizes patio packs referable laying pattern covers 19.30m2.
1.4 Do I have to order full crates?
Buying full crates is always going to represent best value, but we recognise that that’s not always possible and therefore we also offer a split crate service for most products, this ultimately saves you money by not having to buy an additional full crate. Ultimately we want to offer you the best deal possible for the size of the order. Don’t forget to ensure you factor a minimum of 10 to 15% extra to cover cuts, wastage, some breaks and slabs that you may wish to select out, this is widely considered best practice when buying natural stone.
Please Note – Our split crate service is only available for single size packs. Patio packs are not split.
1.5 Are your items rejects?
No not at all. All of our products are directly imported from our overseas quarry and factories, so therefore we control the quality first hand. This ensures you’re getting great quality at a great price.
1.6 Can I visit you to view the product?
Yes, you’re more than welcome to visit us by prior appointment. We’re based in Milton Keynes and open Monday to Friday between 8am - 4pm. Please note that we hold our products in multiple distribution centres and therefore before arranging a visit we would suggest you contact us first so we can advise you what products are available to view and where it’s best to view them.
1.7 I’m seeing patches on my slabs, especially after it’s rained – what is this?
All natural stones have pores and therefor they all absorb water – it’s simply a case that some stones absorb more water than others.
Secondly, the installation method for natural stone must ensure the slabs are laid on a full bed of mortar so that the mortar is fully in contact with the entire area of the stone. It’s not recommended to use spot bedding, ring bedding and other uneven mortar to support slab. This is sometimes referred to as “dot and dab” and this method tends to emphasis the patchy areas.
All natural stones may at times look patchy on the surface, especially after rain fall, each will dry out over a period of time but this is subject to ambient conditions and any specific characteristics of the ground on which they’re laid. This appearance therefore is natural and not a defect of the stone but simply characteristic of how stone behaves in these conditions. As this behaviour is largely based on the installation method and the ground characteristics we can’t take responsibility for the appearance of the stone where such patches may appear.
1.8 I’m a stone dealer; can I apply to join your network?
Yes, of course. We’d love to have you as part of our network so feel free to call us on 01908 464 656 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s see what we can do for you.
1.9 I’m a contractor, how could I work with your company?
We offer very competitive cash and carry prices that will suit many trade customers who can organise their own collection from our distribution centres. We can also offer trade terms to customers who are buying regularly from us and also offer direct contact with our senior management team who will oversee your account and keep you updated with all current offers – basically you’ll be the first to know and our aim is to keep you as competitive as we can.
2.1 Can I order a standard sample?
Yes of course. Ordering a sample is a great way for you to get a feel for our products. Details of standard samples (100 x 100 mm) are detailed within each item listing so you can directly buy samples on the product page.
2.2 Can I order a full size or customised sample?
In some cases this may be possible but additional charges will apply and we can advise you about this. Once a price has been agreed we can provide a link for you to order this directly from our website.
2.3 Can I claim a refund of a sample if I then make a purchase of a large order?
We don’t refund samples – our standard sample service is actually provided as a courtesy and does not fully cover of our costs. In our experience companies that offer a totally free sample service are covering this cost in the price of the product. We prefer to show the sample cost separately and feel that the overall saving you make far outweighs the cost of the sample purchase. Yes, we accept refunds within 30 days. You’ll need to pay for the freight charge of the returned sample, but often the refund isn’t cost-effective because the freight cost is usually higher than the value of the sample itself. Unfortunately, we don't refund customised samples.
2.4 How close to the actual colour of the product are the pictures?
The pictures are as close to the actual product as digital photography and individual monitors will allow. If you’re in doubt please feel free to request a sample because natural stone does varies slightly in colour, tone, texture and grain in every batch.
3.1 How does payment work?
We take security very seriously so all of your payments will be securely operated by Shopify Pay including Apple Pay, Google Pay, Visa, Master, Amex and PayPal. Once funds are cleared, delivery can take up to 5 working days to MOST UK postcodes.
3.2 Does the final price include VAT & free delivery?
Yes, all prices in our online shop include VAT & free delivery to most areas. We always issue a VAT invoice upon request and don't hide “VAT & delivery charge" by only calculating this during checkout. It’s important to us that we display transparent pricing from start to finish so you can make an informed decision.
4.1 Where do you deliver?
- We deliver to all UK mainland addresses – postcodes that are not covered are clearly listed on the product page. These postcode areas are subject to additional charges and we request that you contact our office to obtain the surcharge. This charge is based on the number of crates pallets and your postcode and if you require any additional upgrades i.e. faster delivery service etc.
- If you live in some remote rural areas our delivery service may be extended by 2 working days. In all cases we’ll contact you soon after your order to advise on available options
- We also deliver to many parts of Europe but please contact our Customer Service team to discuss your requirements as delivery charges vary considerably
- Delivery to an address other than your billing address is permitted
4.2 What are your delivery terms?
Standard Delivery Free Zone: Standard delivery is FREE to most areas and can take up to 5 working days to MOST UK postcodes, but it isn’t a guarantee because shipping is the responsibility of a third party company. Working days are classified as Monday to Friday and exclude Bank Holidays.
Delivery occurs between the hours of 8.30am - 5.30pm in most cases and on rare there is a possibility it could be outside of these hours.
Outside Delivery Free Zone: The following areas are outside the delivery free zone so will incur a surcharge. The charge varies from between £10 to £100 per crate, so it’s important to contact our Customer Service team before making your purchase.
AB, BT, DD, DG, EH, FK, G, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA, KW, KY, ML, PA, PH, PO30-41, TD, ZE
Express delivery options: Please kindly call us BEFORE you place an order online to discuss options available and associated costs. Once applicable charges are paid we will be happy to make these arrangements for you.
4.3 How long will delivery take?
Delivery can take up to 5-7 working days to MOST UK postcodes. Delivery times depend on items in stock and if any items are out of stock we’ll contact you and either arrange a refund or give you an estimated time of availability.
Our team can offer a selection of dates for delivery. Please get in touch with us straight away after you’ve placed your order so we can advise you of these dates.
4.4 How do I get an ETA/tracking information?
In most instances our delivery partner will send updates via email and/or SMS to keep you updated regarding delivery.
4.5 Do I have to be there to sign for delivery?
Strictly delivery requires a signature. This also minimises the risk of "re-delivery charges" being applied if the delivery arrives and nobody is present at the address. There may be some instances where delivery can be undertaken without a signature but this reduces the liability of the delivery company so should something not quite go to plan there is no recourse/option to make a claim.
4.6 Preparing for delivery
When contacted to arrange delivery please:
- Confirm address details and leave a day-time telephone number so that we can contact you if necessary on the day of delivery
- Ensure the delivery area is flat and solid enough to take the weight of a pallet truck carrying up to 1 tonne in weight
- It’s advisable that the person taking delivery is able to help the driver as they may occasionally need help to unload
- Please advise us of any constraints which may restrict access to your address for our delivery vehicles
4.7 Overview of delivery
- Deliveries normally occur between 8am - 6pm. On rare occasions delivery could be outside of these times, but this is the exception
- Unless otherwise stated, all deliveries will be made to the kerbside or the bottom of the driveway, using a tail lift vehicle
- The video shows how our products are delivered. This vehicle will lower the product to the ground using an electric lift. The pallet of products is then pulled off using a manual pallet truck. It's really important that the ground that the pallet is unloaded onto is flat and solid. Access may be needed for a rigid lorry (up to 20 ft.) otherwise additional delivery charges may be applied
- The delivery team aren’t responsible for any additional lifting or carrying of your goods
- We don’t deliver items to multiple addresses
4.8 Delivery failure
- You must ensure that the delivery point for unloading is suitable for a tail-lift, manual pump truck method of delivery as the pump truck can only move a short distance on a solid and level surface. Unfortunately it can’t be moved on soft surfaces like sand, grass, gravel etc.
- By entering a sale on our website you’re agreeing that these terms are understood
- If costs are incurred because the delivery company can’t carry out their delivery then the cost of outward and return delivery, plus the restock charges will be applicable
- Failure to be at site on a day that has been pre-booked for delivery could incur a redelivery charge of £60 per crate or pallet and upwards. This charge is imposed by the delivery company and we pass these charges on at cost
- If in any doubt about these terms please call our Customer Services team before placing your order online
4.9 Also good to know
- Whilst we’ll always make every effort to deliver the products on the agreed delivery date, we can’t be held responsible for matters beyond our control that results in your products not arriving on the day in question
- Please don’t book builders or hire equipment for the day of delivery in case of any events resulting in the scheduled delivery being delayed
- In the unlikely event of your product not arriving on the scheduled delivery day, we’ll normally be able to deliver the products the next working day
- To keep costs low we use the most economical delivery method
Please note – This policy does not affect your statutory rights.
5.1 Goods delivered to you
If you buy a product which we deliver to you, you may cancel your order (or any part of it) for any reason before delivery or within 7 days after delivery by getting in contact with us, either by phone or email.
This is subject to the following conditions:
- The product must be unused, as new, in saleable condition and returned in the original product packaging
- Only full packs can be returned
- Bags of cement products (adhesive, grout etc.) can't be returned as they're a perishable item
Buyer organises their own return:
- The responsibility and cost for the return of the goods is that of the Buyer
- The Company will not accept, under any circumstances, any cost for the return of, or re-packaging of, returned product or items
- A full refund will be issued once the order has been checked off by our warehouse team, typically this is processed within 7 working days of the order being received
Buyer instructs us to arrange collection:
- You'll receive a full refund of the price paid less collection charges if we're instructed to collect your order
- If crates/pallets weigh less than 750kg we can use a tail-lift vehicle and this is typically £100 per crate from most areas
- If crates weigh more than 750kg each, the collection method will require a crane fitted lorry and in some cases this can be in excess of £250 per crate
- Full costs will be advised at the time as it’s based on a number of factors
- All details will be confirmed in writing before collection is arranged
5.2 Damaged goods
- Please ensure you order a minimum of 10% to 15% more to cover cutting, wastage and the few breaks that could occur in transit and installation - this is very normal within the stone paving industry
- Every effort is taken to ensure the stone arrives undamaged, but with it being a natural product, breakages can occur and therefore the first 7% of your order isn’t covered
- If the product you purchase is damaged or faulty more than 7% (rounded up to the nearest slab or tile), we may offer the refund as appropriate in accordance with your legal rights
- Check your order carefully when it’s delivered for signs of damage and if there is damage, sign for as damaged and take a photo whilst on the pallet prior to unloading
- Call us or email to report damage within 24 hours of receiving your pallet
- Unfortunately we can’t collect damaged products so please dispose of any damaged products.
Please Note – Our returns policy is in addition to your legal rights
I can’t find the answer to my question above, can I speak to someone?
Yes of course. Our friendly team is more than happy to help with any questions you may have. Just call 01908 464 656 or email email@example.com
We’re open from Monday to Friday between 8am - 5.30pm.
Thank you for choosing to shop with us!
— Saving & Paving by Supply Chain Expertsof Paving Slabs